2007/08/02

jolly hockey sticks? (the fall and fall of WD)


Subtitle: why/how injustice leads to radicalisation.

-=*=-

Ad slogan #1: "Quality is job #1"[1]

Ad slogan #2: "When only the best will do"

Ad slogan #3: "Quality is better than quantity"

One assumes that even blind-Freddie could see the trend?

-=*=-

My own job #1 is injustice, usually voiced as "Fair go, ya mug!"

I find it interesting, to see the form in which my thoughts come. Note that I didn't write "I stand for justice!" - which of course I do, and against any and all injustices. (*BIG* Q: "Who doesn't?" A: "Aaaah! Wait..."), but my shriek appears as a remonstration against a perceived, obviously suffered (even if 'only' by empathy), a witnessed and therefore existing injustice.

Perhaps you can see the problem: injustices do exist; then why?

Before we get too far down the track, recall that injustice is defined as 'lack of fairness;' fair itself defined as 'just, equitable; in accordance with the rules.' The rules in turn are (we hope) a faithful (Haw!) reflection of accepted morality. I have my own version (the chezPhil morality), in which the 'basic crimes' are lying, cheating, theft and murder. My morality is independent from, but is similar to, the morality espoused by Christians (of whatever fidelity (another haw!))

-=*=-

How does this relate to WD? Well:

First, consider a primary hypocrisy; each of B, B & H proclaim that our society is based on Anglo/Judaic/Christian traditions, and further, each of them claim to be believers in some g*d, and specifically, the Christianity brand.

As others have pointed out (my paraphrasing), they cannot be true believers, for no true believer could order the immoral and in many's opinion illegal "Shock'n whore" invasion of Iraq, now turned brutal occupation, all assumed to be premised primarily on oil theft. (As well, say, as aiding the equally arguable immoral and illegal Israel. Disarming, democratising, etc - all just 'lip-music,' aka lying propaganda.)

Second; I, as many of my pro-peace or anti-war ilk, this 'many' considered then to be in the region of a majority, screeched "NO WAR!" - but we were rudely dismissed as a mob, and thereafter our wishes were ignored.

In addition to the chezPhil morality, I have my own version of the democratic covenant: IMHO, the responsibility of all representatives is primarily towards their constituents; that they should represent the will of the majority, while protecting the interests of any minority. To which is added "And don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Taking that last first, murdering for oil is simply not something that I would ever do. When to that "Don't do!" is added the ignoring of the voices of the pro-peace or anti-war multitudes, and then the adding of insult to injury by telling us filthy WMD lies; B, B & H are guilty of massive injustices against us, we the sheople® of the Anglo/Christian CoW®, not to mention against they, the oil-owning (soon to be owning less), partly pink-misted, sheople of Iraq.

Now third and finally in this progression; I came to WD to rail against the above described injustices, to appeal and work for justice, hoping for a better life for all, all the while thinking that I was sharing common cause. Not quite so; I found many [pejorative suppressed] pro-wars, pro-B, B & H-ers and [possibly worse pejorative suppressed] pro-Israel lobbyists. To say that I was unpleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement. But that wasn't the worst, in my passionate pleadings, I came under further attack - not just by the baddies, bad (i.e. often unsubstantiated, even lying) as those attacks were, but by elements of WD management itself. How utterly disgusting; to encounter injustice from the self-appointed gate-keepers!

-=*end*=-

PS One could make this personal, but I won't. The 'black-hats' know who they are; they know their own morality, more accurately IMHO, immorality. If this stance is considered too cryptic then too bad; and nor is it 'sour grapes.' History cannot now be manufactured (internet) and will be my witness. If one were to insist on detail, I say only "Look around," who is lately spouting what (possibly feeling themselves now unchallengeable)?

PPS One could understand, that in hosting a debate, one must perforce host the odd few baddies. Hosting is different to favouring, not to mention (spit!) sucking-up - or even worse, allowing one faction to insinuate prejudice against another. Recall hypocrisy. See slogan #3. Morality is as morality does, and as GWBush might have it "If you ain't for it, you're agin' it."

Ref(s):

[1] Haw! "Where Quality is Job #1 is a double-7" EP by the punk rock band Propagandhi, ..."

(Anyone wishing to know why I find this amusing could a) go here then b) think a bit.)

No comments: