2008/04/10

NFP - Ooops! Hi, guys; 2 Qs:


Subtitle: two funny questions to WD (updated.)

-=*=-




1. Why are *you* reading this? I'm supposed to be banned (and I prefer it that way), so what happened?


2. Whoever is fooling around with the WD formatting has managed to cripple a) the &order= parameter and b) the &from= parameter.


I usually read threads 'oldest 1st,' from where I last read. This lets me read comments in their 'natural' order, i.e. down the page - just like in all the squillions of books in the real world. Reading 'newest 1st' is, well, arse-backwards (only IMHO, as usual and of course.) Further, by starting from where I previously stopped, I don't download rubbish I've already read - that helps me stay within my broadband limit.


BUT, WORSE: all the links I've ever coded into my WD comments (and any elsewheres) depend on the &order= and &from= parameters. It means that those links will *NO LONGER WORK*.


Comment: WD fiddles, while the world burns - down or up, or wherever (the Hell!) the greedastrophe® is dragging us.

PS Please excuse: we don't say "Hi guys;" Ameri-speak, spit!

No comments: